Hartford International University for Religion and Peace (HIU) seeks a highly organized, personable, and motivated professional who is committed to the mission of the University. The Development Associate will provide high-level support to the University President and the Development department in addition to scheduling meetings, drafting correspondence and fundraising appeals, processing and acknowledging gifts, cultivating special relations with board members, and supporting the overall functions of the department. The position will support fundraising efforts across the University.
- Supports the day-to-day functions of the fundraising team.
- Works with the University President to support the Board of Trustees, including setting meeting schedules, coordinating logistics, and communications.
- Processes and enters gifts into HIU’s donor database.
- Interacts with donors in response to inquiries.
- Coordinates high-level special events, both in person and using remote technology.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with development team to execute HIU’s overall fundraising strategy and annual fundraising calendar.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for HIU donors.
- Helps plan and implement solicitation strategies for major and planned gift prospects.
- Supports fundraising committees and activities led by board members, volunteers and others.
- Works closely with communications team and external consultants to create and deploy fundraising materials.
- Coordinates alumni programming and initiatives.
- Assists in the coordination of special events, including donor recognition events.
- Prepares and processes all donations and distributes weekly donation reports to designated stakeholders.
- Enters donations and maintain alumni and donor records in the donor database to ensure accurate capture of donor information and gift designations.
- Maintains tracking charts for cultivation opportunities.
- Assists in executing development mailings, including tax acknowledgements.
- Maintains physical and digital institutional files.
- Designs and produces ad hoc reports and dashboards based on data extracted from donor database.
Other Duties as assigned
As is expected of all employees, provides backup support for University’s major events/general activities, as needed.
A Bachelor’s Degree; one to three years of fundraising experience (or equivalent experience). Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. High degree of initiative, organization, and follow-through; Responsible self-starter and able to work independently. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, donors, and the public, and the ability to exercise good judgment. Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and within firm deadlines. Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database software and reporting, and the ability to conduct data analysis. Experience with Bloomerang or other CRM preferred. Appreciation and respect for principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and an ability to engage with diverse audiences.
In-person work is required with some flexibility. Residency in the greater Hartford Area is required to fulfill duties of this position.
Hartford International University for Religion and Peace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please contact email@example.com. A resume, cover letter, and three professional references are required. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.