Hartford International University for Religion and Peace (HIU) seeks a highly organized, personable, and motivated professional who is committed to the mission of the University.
Establish and maintain a harmonious, congenial, and informed atmosphere in order to support the President and the Board of Trustees of HIU. Anticipate the needs and preferences of the President and act as a gatekeeper in order to manage the President’s time with respect to priorities, goals, and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS:
• Manages the President’s schedule, including making appointments and scheduling meetings, as well as monitoring and answering emails.
• Helps the President prioritize his daily schedule, and suggest ways to manage his inbox in order to conserve his time.
• Books and coordinates the President’s travel arrangements as needed, and submits monthly visa reconciliations and mileage reimbursement each semester to the Business Office.
• Provides high-level administrative support for Board Committee meetings, including but not limited to preparation of meeting material, meeting planning (in-person and virtual), and taking minutes.
• Responsible for compiling the Annual Report.
• Works closely with and provides support for the Senior Leadership Team, including setting the meeting agenda, following up on team members’ action items, and planning the yearly SLT retreat.
• Assists the Human Resources Department with planning the yearly staff retreat and other tasks and projects as assigned.
• Handles confidential material and matters in an appropriate and discreet manner.
• Manages special HIU projects and initiatives for the President and SLT as directed.
• Possesses strong time management and multitasking skills to ensure completion of and meet important deadlines.
• Pays attention to detail and possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Collaborates closely with the HIU development team to help the President with fundraising-related meetings, calls, and written contacts with donors and prospective donors.
Other duties as assigned
As is expected of all employees, provide backup support for the University’s major events/general activities, as needed.
Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work independently and multi-task. Must maintain strict confidentiality at all times. Must exercise good judgment in delicate situations and possess excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, and be detail-oriented. Familiarity with religious communities is a plus. Administrative experience and a college degree are strongly preferred. Interest and or expertise in Development is a plus. There is flexibility for this position to be part-time or full-time.
Hartford International University for Religion and Peace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please contact email@example.com. A resume, cover letter, and three professional references are required. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.