Registrar and Financial Aid Associate Director
Hartford International University is seeking a Registrar and Financial Aid Associate Director.
Hartford International University for Religion and Peace, a 187-year-old institution with programs that focus on interreligious dialogue and peacebuilding, is seeking an energetic and motivated Registrar and Financial Aid Associate Director to join a committed Enrollment Management team for a small graduate school. Diversity, equity, and inclusion have been part of our DNA for decades, and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive staff to support our diverse student body and constituents. Hartford International is an equal opportunity employer.
Hartford International is in the midst of an exciting process of strategic change: redesigned academic programs, new partnerships, and emerging centers. In 2021, we changed our name from Hartford Seminary to Hartford International University for Religion and Peace (HIU) to better represent our longstanding mission as a place that builds community and works toward peace through interreligious understanding.
The Registrar and Financial Aid Associate Director will report directly to the Director of Recruitment and Enrollment Management and is responsible for planning and coordinating all administrative aspects of HIU’s graduate degree and certificate programs and overseeing the student information system (Populi). This position is also responsible for all aspects of student aid and scholarships, both institutionally and federally (Title IV). Professional development is a priority. In-person work is required, so candidates should live within commuting distance to Hartford or be willing to relocate.
- Coordinates and implements university course registration activities
- Oversees the maintenance and integrity of student records and degree audits
- Collects and reports data for external organizations as requested and permitted
- Prepares the annual HIU Academic Calendar and course schedule
- Determines student eligibility and manages all aspects of the Federal Direct Loan and Federal Work Study programs
- Awards and packages institutional aid, in consultation with the Director of Recruitment and Enrollment Management and the Chief Business Officer
- Counsels and communicates with prospective and current students with regards to financial aid questions and applications
- Other duties, as assigned
We are seeking a candidate with a college degree (master’s desired) with 3-5 years’ experience in higher education administration, preferably in a registrar’s or financial aid office. Knowledge of Populi or a comparable web-based student database management software, would be a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Excellent writing, communication, planning, and organizational skills, keen attention to detail and confidentiality, and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Applications and Nominations
To apply or nominate a candidate, please contact email@example.com. If applying, a resume and cover letter are required. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.