BEFORE YOU BEGIN
We are glad you have chosen to apply to HIU and we hope to offer guidance in this process. Below are guidelines to help you gather the correct documentation for your application.
If you are not ready to apply and submit the $50 application fee but would like to connect with us and learn more about HIU, please complete a “Request Information” form. If you would like to attend an information session or visit campus, we invite you to explore those options as well.
Here are some Application Requirements that will help you complete the process and be eligible for review:
- A list of your previous Higher Education degree institutions and the dates you attended;
- Official transcripts from all institutions that granted you a degree;
- You may submit unofficial copies for initial review for a provisional admissions decision if you apply before July 15th (for the fall semester) or before November 15th (for the spring semester) but we must have official documentation directly from the institutions themselves for scholarship applications, visa processing, and for final admission.
- We must have an official evaluation of international transcripts for the provisional or final admission decision. See here for an evaluation link for a discounted price. You may also use World Education Services (WES).
- A Statement of Purpose that articulates the following:
- your goals in seeking theological education and the experiences that have led you to do so;
- the reasons you have chosen Hartford International University, in particular, and your educational/ vocational goals;
- the life experiences that have most significantly shaped your values and who you are as a person.
- Email addresses for three references:
- At least one letter must be from a faculty member of an institution from which you have earned a degree or a person from your religious community or workplace who can speak to your potential for graduate-level study.
- Language proficiency proof:
- An official TOEFL or IELTS score report sent from the testing agency itself to HIU. The code for Hartford International University is: 8726.
- Or documentation from one of your previous degree institutions that states the primary language of instruction was English. This must be sent from school officials directly to HIU.
- Visa information (type, number, dates). If you do not have a current visa, you may request visa sponsorship as part of your application process.
- $50 application fee
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about your application. You may also call (860) 509-9500 and ask for the Admissions or Enrollment office.
Start your application below. Once you submit the initial information below, you will be taken to the official application and payment screen.