The Howard Thurman Center at Hartford International University is excited to invite pastors to gather in a safe and confidential setting to share their experiences and challenges of ministry today. Participants will attend in-person, virtual workshops and retreats scheduled for the spring of 2023 facilitated by HIU faculty and invited guests.
The Healing Fellowship is an opportunity for pastors to convene and discuss their pastoral experiences in this fatiguing era of COVID 19. It's a rich opportunity for them to learn from and support one another in their mutual ministerial work.
- Participants will identify their strengths and current challenges and needs to engage in their ministries.
- Participants will explore some of the skills needed to effectively practice self-care.
- Participants will further clarify their sense of call and vocation in the mist of uncertain times.
- Participants will identify and strengthen their pastoral leadership skills.
- Participants will be offered the opportunity to receive at no cost private individual therapeutic counseling.
- Participants will be offered individual spiritual direction at no cost from a trained professional.
Meetings will be held at the Budd Interfaith Building (60 Lorraine Street) at Hartford International University from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the following dates:
*These dates are subject to change based on the needs of the course.
Pastors representing a broad range of pastoral experiences and who are interested in more information or to apply to the program’s first cohort are encouraged to fill out the form below. Questions can be directed to the Rev. Tracy Johnson Russell at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is Friday January 20, 2023.
The Howard Thurman Center expands our efforts to create social change by empowering change agents who can become effective advocates for their own communities.