TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: Director HTC
MAJOR PURPOSE: The Assistant Executive Director of the HTC monitors daily operational efficiency and assists the Director in developing and implementing strategies that promote the Center’s mission and vision.
- Serves as the Program Administrator.
- Serves as the Grant Manager, including accounting and budget management.
- Participates in strategic planning sessions with HTC staff members.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure the Center’s goals are met.
- Plans and coordinates various activities and programs, including but not limited to invitations, marketing/promotion, hospitality, etc.
- Serves as the staff person for the HTC Board of Advisors, including the creation of bylaws for HTC.
- Works with the HTC Director to ensure programming overlap is avoided, programs are supported, the mission is being accomplished, and collaborations are realized.
- Works with the HTC Director and staff to actively research and apply for grants in consultation with HIU’s development consultants.
- Responsible for donor solicitations.
- Provides administrative support for the Black Ministries Program (BMP) as needed.
- Maintains certification of courses for credit through Charter Oak State College.
Other Duties as assigned
As is expected of all employees, provides backup support for the University’s major events/general activities, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS: Associates degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field preferred. At least three years of experience in a higher education leadership role. Strong written and verbal communication skills, time management skills, organizational skills, problem-solving, and attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, meeting deadlines.
INSTITUTION INFORMATION: Established in 1834, Hartford International University for Religion and Peace (HIU) is a pioneering, interreligious, international university that has helped thousands of people find peace within, and many thousands more find peace with each other. At HIU, we engage in robust religious studies and meaningful interfaith dialogue to deepen our beliefs, respect our differences, and help bring peace to the world. Hartford International University offers degree programs and graduate certificates as well as leadership certificates. Its students are interested in serving their communities and deepening their own faiths, as well as understanding the faiths of others. Hartford International University also strengthens religious communities through its programs of research and education.
Hartford International University for Religion and Peace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please contact email@example.com. A resume, cover letter, and three professional references are required. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted