TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: Director of Engagement
SALARY RANGE: $40,000.00 - $46,000.00
MAJOR PURPOSE: Hartford International University for Religion and Peace (HIU) seeks a highly organized, personable, entry-level professional with meticulous attention to detail who is committed to the mission of the University. The Development Database and Engagement Assistant will provide support to both the Development team and related engagement constituencies including volunteers and alumni. Primary responsibilities will include mastery of Bloomerang, the University’s relationship management database and supporting the overall functions of both development and engagement. Additionally, the position will assist related efforts and events across the University.
- Processes all donations by entering gifts into HIU’s development database and producing appropriate acknowledgment.
- Maintains alumni and donor records in the donor database to ensure accurate capture of donor information and gift designations.
- Assists in executing development and engagement related mailings.
- Maintains physical and digital institutional records.
- Designs and produces ad hoc reports and dashboards based on data extracted from donor database.
- Works to build and enhance the primary database by establishing records for alumni not represented.
- Supports the development team to execute HIU’s overall fundraising strategy and annual fundraising calendar.
- Serves as a point-of-contact for HIU donors and donor-related inquiries.
- Provides administrative support to HIU’s Board Development and Alumni Relations Committee, such as scheduling meetings, preparation of meeting materials, and taking minutes.
- Works closely with communications team and external consultants to make sure fundraising materials are deployed correctly and on-time.
- Coordinates high-level special events, both in person and using remote technology.
Other Duties as Assigned
As is expected of all employees, provides backup support for University’s major events/general activities, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS: One to three years of experience and demonstrated success in a meticulous, detail-oriented role. Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred. Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, as it relates to HIU fundraising stakeholders. Must be exacting and organized with a commitment to timely follow-through; Responsible self-starter and able to work independently. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, donors, and the public. Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and within firm deadlines. Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the ability to conduct data analysis. Experience with Bloomerang or other CRM preferred, but training will be provided. Appreciation and respect for principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and an ability to engage with diverse audiences. In-person work is required with some flexibility to remote work. Residency in the greater Hartford Area is required to fulfill the duties of this position.
INSTITUTION INFORMATION: Established in 1834, Hartford International University for Religion and Peace (HIU) is a pioneering, interreligious, international university that has helped thousands of people find peace within, and many thousands more find peace with each other. At HIU, we engage in robust religious studies and meaningful interfaith dialogue to deepen our beliefs, respect our differences, and help bring peace to the world. Hartford International University offers degree programs and graduate certificates as well as leadership certificates. Its students are interested in serving their communities and deepening their own faiths, as well as understanding the faiths of others. Hartford International University also strengthens religious communities through its programs of research and education.
Hartford International University for Religion and Peace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A resume, cover letter, and three professional references are required. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.